Pupil Online Safety
Top Tips for being safe online
The following guidelines tell you how to stay safe online.
- Never post any personal information online, like your address, email address, or mobile number.
- Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you have put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and they may be able to download it. The images are not just yours anymore.
- Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
- Never give out your passwords for any accounts.
- Only befriend people you know or have met in real life.
- Never meet up with people you have not met online. Tell someone in your house if people suggest online that you meet up.
- Remember that not everyone online may be who they say they are.
- Think carefully about what you write before you post something online – would you say it to someone’s face?
- Respect other people’s views. Even if you do not agree with someone’s views always show respect.
- If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe, or worried, leave the website. Turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult about what you saw.
Remember you can always click on the CEOP button if you feel unsafe. This you will find on lots of websites.