Courses and Careers at KS4
Courses at Key Stage 4 Leading to an Accredited Qualification
Bower Grove School offers pupils a range of qualifications for different subjects that can be taken in key stage 4 (years 10 and 11). These include GCSEs and non-examination assessments (entry levels certificates and functional skills qualifications). The school works with a range of exam boards, including AQA, Pearson Edexcel, OCR, WJEC, and Trinity College London.
Current School Accreditation Offer
Year 10 pupils
- PE Entry Level Certificate (Entry Level 1,2 & 3)
- Arts Award in art or music (Bronze Level)
- WJEC entry level in Creative Media and Performing Arts
Year 11 pupils
- English Language (GCSE), Step Up to English (Silver or Gold)
- Mathematics (GCSE), Mathematics Entry Level Certificate (Entry Level 1,2 & 3)
- Double Science (GCSE), Science Entry Level Certificate (Entry Level 1,2 & 3) Further Science Entry Level Certificate (Entry Level 1,2 & 3)
- ICT Functional skills (Level 1 & 2, Entry Level 1,2 & 3)
- Art and Design: 3D (GCSE)
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Arts Award in Art or Music (Silver Level)
- Certificate-Diploma in Construction Skills (Level 1)
Year 11 pupils attend a weekly college placement to give them an opportunity to experience education at a college setting for a range of vocational courses. This may help them to select a post-16 course. The short courses include Hospitality, Public services, Special Effects, Motor mechanics, Cycle mechanics and Carpentry.
Independent travel training is also available for pupils.