Everyone in our school community which includes staff, governors, parents, families and pupils have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure. As a school, we recognise our moral and statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children in our care with their best interests at the centre of our work.
If you have any safeguarding concerns about your child or a pupil at Bower Grove School, please contact a member of the Safeguarding Team during school opening hours on 01622 727773 or "out of hours" on 07976 535128.
They will be able to provide you with the best advice and help you using the appropriate degree of confidentiality.
Safeguarding at our school is coordinated by the Deputy Headtacher, Mrs Cleave. All school staff receive safeguarding training as part of their induction and at regular safeguarding updates. Our safeguarding Governor meets with DSL staff and reviews the safeguarding records regularly.
The following policies and documents can be found at the bottom of the page
- Bower Grove's Safeguarding Policy
- Safeguarding Policy and COVID 19 Addendum April 2020
- Keeping Children Safe in Education
- Prevent Strategy
How else can I report a concern?
- CEOP helps keep children and young people stay safe from sexual abuse and grooming online
- They will provide practical advice on how to talk to your child and how to keep them safe
- If in immediate danger please call the police on 999 straight away
The CEOP button on the website is specifically for reporting online sexual exploitation or child exploitation concerns. If you have any other concerns please speak to a DSL at school.
- Help for children and young people
- Calls are free and confidential and won’t appear on your phone bill
- Tel: 0800 1111
- Help for adults concerned about a child
- People who call can remain anonymous
- Tel: 0808 800 5000