Free School Meals Vouchers
Did you know that you may be eligible for meal vouchers for your children if you are not currently claiming?
While schools are closed because of coronavirus, some families are being given vouchers to help cover the cost of buying food for their children. These vouchers are provided by schools. To get these vouchers, you have to be entitled to free school meals on the basis of your income.
To qualify, you need to be in receipt of and can provide the relevant proof of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply for meal vouchers for your children please click on this link to apply online